Monday, November 23, 2009

Straddling the fine line between cute and animal cruelty.


As domesticated animals go, none have quite achieved the level of popularity that cats possess. When you consider all the cat macros that are floating around out there, you can see that cats have quite nearly become an Internet law in and of themselves, and that by posting pictures of cats doing silly or strange things, you can't really go wrong. Heck, your coolness stock may even rise as a result.

So, seeing as it's not only Monday, but that there's a major holiday weekend coming up as well, I figured I'd hit cruise control today. Which means you're getting a lot of cats in hats pictures, and I'm using the above macro as my basis for this decision.


You're welcome.


As you can see, not even cats are immune from the coolness that is the squid hat.


However, they don't seem to be overly fond of hats with ribbons.


Berets seem to illicit a "meh" response (with which I can't really argue.)


Mini-hats, on the other hand, seem to evoke feelings of hate and wrath. If that isn't an "I'm gonna eat your face off when you sleep" look, I don't know what.


Either this cat was whacked out on some serious tranquilizers, or it was keeping calm by plotting the demise of its owner. You make the call.


This one I like purely because the cat's pupils are so dilated that you can't see the iris at all. That is the sign of one miffed kitty.


This one also looks miffed, but not murderously so. It's more like a "I am so gonna scratch the crap out of the furniture once your back is turned" kind of thing.


I'm just wondering what kind of treat they were dangling outside of the frame to pull this shot off.

Judging by the grin on that kitten's face, I'm guessing catnip. It's that sort of a junkie smile.


This is one cat that will never be able to live down the shame. NEVER.


I have to admit; if I had a Persian, I would be hard-pressed to resist slapping a bowler and a monocle on it every once in a while. They just have that stuffy,"stiff-upper-lip" kind of look. All that's missing is a cup of tea and a scone.

And last but not least:


Because viking hats are where it's at, folks. Especially in this blog.

4 comments:

  1. I think the persian has got to be my favorite, but man, I love me some cat hats. I have put a mini hat on my cat and she did not approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the look of intense disgust that sells it, honestly. And no cat does that better than a Persian.

    For the most part, Rameses and Moses don't really seem to mind having things put on them, but it's definitely more in a stuff-on-my-cat kind of way. They won't keep their heads still enough for things to be perched up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was cool until the viking cat. That got to me! May PETA never know how hard I laughed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails