Friday, February 12, 2010

Son Of Boom De Yada


And now, as promised, today we wrap up the Boom De Yada hats. Hooray!

Okay, so the first part of the third verse is about tornadoes. Which by another name is called a 'cyclone', which is how we wind up this picture:


Who knew that roller coasters had such an ardent following? Did you? Because I sure didn't.

Second line of the third verse deals with something I admittedly don't love at all: arachnids.


However, I have to admit that I do love this lady's hat. The fact that she's wearing it with a dress suit that is somewhere between "ladies that lunch" and "matron on a mission" just makes it even better.

Alright, so now we need hot magma. Or, failing that, a volcano. Or, failing even that, some hat looks vaguely like a volcano.


In my defense, it's Friday. And this hat is pretty darned awesome anyway.

And last, we have the giant squid. And while it was tempting to back through the archives are repost a picture of a squid hat I've already shown you, I figured I was already testing everybody's patience with the volcano hat, so I went out and found a completely different squid hat. Voila!


And as a bonus, they have tentacle mittens! How do you like that?

There we have it; one whole week's worth of posts, looking for hats that fit in with the Boom De Yada lyrics. While I imagine this probably hasn't made for very interesting reading for many of you, it's nice to shake things up and try new things from time to time. In the course of this week, I was able to find hats I never would have even thought of before, so that's not only good for me, but it's good for you, too.

Have a good weekend, a Happy Valentine's Day (if you celebrate that sort of thing) and we'll be back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails